Piste magic & Winter feeling in the famous world championship resort
Skiing fun on the Planai
Your winter & ski holiday in Schladming
In winter Schladming is the place to be for ski and snowboard enthusiasts. Enjoy the perfect pistes on the Planai, where the top ski stars are guests at the annual night race. Situated just 5 minutes' walk from the ImPuls aparts, the Planai Cable Car transports you into almonst limitless fun on the pistes in the 4 mountains ski circuit. Due to the connecting lifts and slopes you can ski to the Reiteralm or to Hauser Kaibling from here. It's not without good reason that the holiday region of Schladming-Dachstein counts as one of the "Top 5 ski areas" in Austria. Fancy something different? – discover the Dachstein Glacier and the resort of Ramsau am Dachstein, which is particularly well-known for its extensive nordic sports facilities. ´but that's not all: a wealth of other leisure activities make your winter and ski holiday in Schladming an unforgettable experience.
Skiing & Snowboarding
- World Championship ski area Planai is part of the 4 mountains ski cirucuit (123 km of pistes & 44 lifts)
- Reiteralm, Hochwurzen, Planai, Hauser Kaibling make up the 4 mountains ski circuit
- Planai is also part of the Ski amadé ski area association
- Awarded the gold piste seal of approval
- New, modern 10 seater cable car Planai
- Wide carving pistes, long valley descents, FIS-run, easy slopes for beginners, moguls pistes & powder slopes, Planai music piste, "Selfie spot" Steirereck...
- Hopsi’s kids' winter wonderland: suitable for all levels of skiing & also non-skiers
- Superpark Planai offering a total of 17 kickers & a corner jump, fun slopes & funcross
- Night skiing available on the Hochwurzen
- Annual top event: Nightrace Schladming
- Rustic & modern ski huts offering regional hut delicacies
- Just 5 minutes' walk to the Planet Planai valley station with shops, ski depot, ski schools etc.
Experience more ...
in & around Schladming, Styria
- A total of 490 km well-groomed trails of varying difficulty levels in the Schladming-Dachstein holiday region, approx. 40 km of which in Schladming & Rohrmoos
- Ramsau am Dachstein is Austria's nordic mecca: easy to demanding cross country trails - total length 220 km, night trail, cross country centre, test center, kids' cross country park with cross country ski school, equipment rental on site
- Biathlon stadium in der Ramsau: equipment rental available
- High alpine training trails on the Dachstein Glacier (2,700 m altitude)
- Fun toboogganing on the Hochwurzen natural toboggan run: total length 7 km, floodlit in the evening
- Further toboggan runs on the Reiteralm & in Ramsau am Dachstein
- Gentle winter sports amid the snowy landscape: a total of 300 km of snowshoe trails & winter hiking paths
- Guided walks available, snowshoe rental at the local ski rental shops
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides bookable for couples & groups in Schladming
- Colourful range of action sports available, such as snowtubing, fatbiking, tandem paragliding, airboarding, piste basher rides...
- A variety of ski tour routes available in the holiday region – please note the current avalanche situation!
- Guided ski tours with experienced guides bookable in Schladming
The perfect mix of
powder fun and peak pleasure.